The retina is the tissue at the back of the eye that receives light and converts it into signals for the brain to interpret. When you have any type of retinal problem, your vision will suffer. A torn retina or detached retina is a very serious problem that requires immediate attention. The only way to know for sure if you have a detached or torn retina is by having an eye exam.
Symptoms of a Detached or Torn Retina
You won’t feel any physical pain with this condition, but you may experience:
- Floaters in your field of vision that appear as spots or threads
- Flashes of light
- Peripheral vision changes
Treatment Options for Detached or Torn Retina
Dr. Boling II can provide various treatment options for retina problems:
- Laser treatments
- Gas bubble treatment to close the tear
- Scleral buckle to push the white of the eye toward the tear
- Removal of the vitreous gel in the eye to reduce pressure
All treatment options will be discussed with you in depth. Dr. Boling II will recommend the best course of action for your unique situation.
Schedule an Eye Exam Today